Monday, April 22, 2013

AmsTelAviv

22-April
In a show of Louisa, a local band at the Rotschild12 pub, I heard the words for a song "Tofes Machase" (getting to shelter) as "Tofes machar sex" (getting sex tomorrow)
Being that I am finally dating a girl from a dating-site tomorrow, I was amused.
Also, since she and another girl I had frienDated from that website (she was seeing someone at the time already) who are both Russian, I came up with a phrase:
changing the proverb "Lehakdim Trufa la'maka" (doing an act before something requiring future reaction) to "Lehakdim trufa la'paka" (paka being used as "bye" in Russian, being the first to say BYE while the Russian date seems to get going)




For people who are aware of what is dumpsterdiving, I came up with a concept (probably pre-conceived by others)  -  partydiving: getting in places and knowing ways to enjoy a night out without having to pay for it. so far, this one pub with shows is a rocking location for the becoming list.

^\/^
Last week a thought about caring a weapon came to my mind. I thought about living in the southern part of Tel Aviv as it sometimes dangerous and therefore residents should be allowed to carry weapons if they will, like Settlers do.
About an hour or two later comes a phone call - my CV reached a jobbie as a security man. I did not even remember applying for it while throwing the CV in many directions but I am seeking a role I can do in shifts while being a student comes October.
I went to the interview and was already shown the security posts of the location. Since the Security Commander had to see me, not only the duty manager of the company I'd be signing to, an appointment was made for today. It resulted in a good conversation with the company's main manager and a fair impression made on the crude yet nice Commander. Regardless of the curiosity of possibly receiving a gun license unexpectedly, I was so thrilled - can it be said the first rock has been removed from my chest?

I later went to Mitka, the incredibly gifted with good energies performer friend, another mate of hers joined us in order to make a technical trio (I'd be the video-shooter, he'd be the editor). As he came in he recognized me. 
It took me a while, only when he reminded me the exact event we were talking in, I remembered his sweet essence from that moment, about 7 years back, lost in my mind. I had a good feeling about this incidence. We smoked a bit green and spread out. I was feeling too cheerful to be locked in the room I am staying in.

Oh yeah - the room. for a homeless looking for a place (a major rock on my Tel Avivian chest) I got a pretty lucky deal with my friend giving me the key to her room in Sheinkin / Echad Ha'am (Thank you Zahavit) for her time in Czechoslovakia. Her flight was cancelled due to a strike in El-Al which in turn extended my staying here.
Meanwhile the apt I saw for me and Myrthe (and her cat) to rent is on hold. The owner might be selling so we shall not sign a leasing contract. I really had a good feeling about that place. Not only its great location and non-frightening rent, there was even a cat entering the flat the first time I went to view it, as if sent to present the invitation of cat-ness to the realm. An alluring coincidence or merely a risky illusion of faith?

So I walk around Rotschild avenue, being presently so close to where I stay, with the aim of joining Tali who was said to be out in a restaurant called Mozes. I remembered a night a few years back I was walking the avenue and saw a bunch gathered to play chess in the mid of it in the mid of the night. I was deeply impressed with the joyous option of playing chess with fellow night-crawlers. This time I noted a few groups of grown ups playing Pétanque. knowing less than nothing about this refreshing game I asked a guy to explain to me what it is about. I was marveled at his skill even-though I was not sure what the rules were.
Having a profoundly nice occasional direct communication with the unacquainted night-training player had left me smiled up.

Refueled with sublimity I went on to Mozes. Tali had not answered whether she's arrived and seated in but I did not wish to wait outside and dared entering alone. A familiar face from the past arose out of a party o'six near the entrance stairs. An old colleague of University time was thrilled to see me, as I was with him.
"I just had a few drinks" (he admitted regarding his enthusiasm).
"That's cool, I just had a joint" (and so did I).
A small tiny talk led to say he is a CEO of his advertisement agency, while these were his employees he had a fine night out with.
He took my number and said he'd call me he'd call me in a day or two. I have no idea how serious his words were to be taken, but it was so sweet to tackle with him just like that. If there's one thing I adore about being in Israel is to feel familiar, recognized, every now and sudden, in this small land. If there's another thing I am allowed to adore is the cHummus!

Furtherly encouraged by this small occurrence of event, I carried on to meet Tali and her roomie. They had already entered the pub mentioned above and I joined their position outside , smoking back-alley. There she rolled a cigarette and asked a couple of gentlemen for a lighter. I then asked one for a filter and he asked if we need him to fix us with anything else.
I joked around saying "some green" (weed) and then added with a surprisingly serious tone "oh, and a flat for two roommates" to which he responded with "I can get a lead, on both issues". We exchanged phone numbers and let's see if the other rock is also gonna be removed soon! or if it was a delusional Fata Morgana
The show itself ignited my old-rock-affiliation and enlightened my fun-seeking spirit. 
At least one thing should be re-said : God gave Rock n Roll to ya!

Such a great evening to get my mind off the stress of getting by, reminding me why I wanna live in the city and to start believing there was a good reason coming to Israel & Tel Aviv

No comments:

Post a Comment